Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Eating correctly


In a today's society we quite often don't get to eat correctly. Mainly because we're always in a hurry or think it isn't even important. There are many reasons one may want to consider eating slower and hence watch over his health.

Why?

Obviously I'm writing this post with a purpose and before I tell you HOW you may want to know WHY.

There is a wise Chinese saying that goes like this: "The less you eat, the more you enjoy the taste. The more you eat, the less you enjoy." That itself is the first reason why.

A meal should last for at least half an hour and can even last for one hour if it's needed. Yet we find ourselves eating fast and large bites of food while walking and thinking about million other stuff. When you find yourself in that situation, remember that it's not healthy.

The risk of over-stuffing yourself with food is significantly lower. It takes at least 20 minutes for your brain to realize the body has had enough food. Logically if you eat for more time, you will be more precise when determining whether you've had enough or not.

The risk of digestion problems is also lowered. Eating too fast can get you in a lot of trouble like stomachache, headache and even laziness can be considered as a symptom from eating fast.

You will learn to feel the texture and aroma of the food. If you eat slowly then eating for you will not only be a way to not feel hungry but also a nice daily experience. You will learn to praise and be thankful for the food you have.


How?

Now that you know why I will suggest you some actions/food ideas you can take so you can successfully learn to eat healthy.



    1. Eat before you're very hungry
If you're very hungry it'll be hard for you to eat slow. You must know the exact time for your meals and obey it. Eating healthy is important.

2. Put your fork/spoon/chopsticks down between your bites

While you chew, you chew and only chew. When you think you've chewed enough, get it up again and get another bite. This will make you eat slower and enjoy your food.

3. Concentrate on the food

Don't watch TV, computer etc. while you eat. Instead think of the everyday food and learn to enjoy it.

The Lifeologist


6 comments:

  1. Nice info posted there buddy :). Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's good to know that but more difficult to do. I hate eating in hurry but sometimes I just have no choice :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stuff. I always eat as fast as I can, as if somone is going to take that food away and I always watch something while eating. I've gotta change my eating habbits...

    ReplyDelete